2006-05-04 - 10:53 p.m.
My husband has gone and 'tagged' me in his blog (http://www.wibsite.com/wiblog/tiffer/read.php?16616 ). So now I am supposed to think up six weird habits or things about myself that I am willing to share with all the people who read my blog. That last clause is fairly inhibiting, but it will kick me into updating my blog, so here goes...
1) I rescue garden snails. I take them out of the way of shoes and cars and I put them on my plants. Just this morning I rescued two snails from the rubbish bags we were putting out. I also talk to them.
2) I have to count the pieces in a clementine between peeling and eating it. I have to do it in case there are more than fourteen.
3) I only eat things in twos. This is less pronounced now than it was in my childhood, when I really believed that if I ate three chips, the last one would be lonely. Now it's just a matter of habit, especially with party nibbles - I always take two peanuts at a time, for example.
4) If I see a toy upside down or on its face, I always turn it round and make it comfy.
5) I have an entirely rational fear and loathing of wasps. If I hear the slightest hint of a buzz I leap up and run. I won't eat outside if there is a single wasp about. Once I was at a wedding and wearing a very old and beautiful 50s style wraparound dress, and one of the buttons had been replaced by a safety pin. A wasp landed on my food and I jumped up with such speed and force that the safety pin flew open and the other button popped off. The bride's mother had to use her emergency supply of safety pins to dress me again.
6) I also have a fear of swallowing air. I think it's because I did it when I was fairly small and sort of blew up like a balloon and was taken to hospital because nobody knew what had happened. This fear can be observed if you watch closely when I drink out of a straw or a can - I take a mouthful, and then breath out through my mouth before I swallow, which is extremely difficult to do with a mouthful of liquid.
Gosh. I now look as though I have some kind of OCD. I'm a fairly normal person. Honestly.
I'm supposed to tag 6 people, but not that many bloggers read my blog, and Tiffer has already tagged Moo. So I tag Heather if she hasn't done this one already, and Lisa if she's still reading. There. (A bit later...gah, I don't know how to link. Heather is i-found-him and Lisa is leesmry. Sorry). Having said what a normal person I am...someone has just pointed me towards the 'depressed test':